When you begin working with an agency to help with your local search efforts, the agency may ask you to add them to your Google My Business (GMB) listing. Adding the agency as a manager for your listing is beneficial as it allows account managers to check out the current state of your listing, see if all of the information has been added properly and also to come up with recommendations for improvement.
Owners of GMB listings can invite additional users to own or manage a listing. Adding owners and managers lets users share management of a listing without having to share personal account information. Owners, managers, and communications managers all have different levels of access to the listing.
Only an owner can add or remove users. However, a manager may remove himself or herself from a listing.
Add owners or managers
To add an owner or manager to a listing:
- Sign in to Google My Business.
- If you have multiple locations, open the location you’d like to manage.
- Click Users from the menu.
- In the top right corner, click the “Invite new managers” icon
- Enter the name or email address of the user you’d like to add.
- Select the user’s role by choosing Owner, Manager, or Communications manager.
- Click Invite. Invitees will have the option to accept the invitation and immediately become listing owners or managers.
This window displays all active owners and managers, as well as people who have been invited to become owners or managers.